Jan has over 30 years of experience as a designer, lecturer, teacher, artist and printmaker.
Printmaking and painting workshops run occasionally and include; monotype, linocut, block-printing, (fabric and paper)
For all workshops, Jan Sherwood Studio has Public Liability Insurance.
DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS 19 OUTBREAK THERE WILL NO WORKSHOPS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Upcoming Workshops / Events:
New workshop dates for 2020 to be announced
Workshop dates coming soon for:
- Materials are provided for design and print workshops, but you will need to bring an apron or old shirt to protect your clothes (Printing and painting can be messy!!!)
- It might help if you brought sketches, magazine cuttings of images, however I will have motifs, images, magazine cuttings, design inspiration books etc.
- For Mixed media and watercolour techniques workshops you will be provided with a basic list for materials, but I will provide some art materials too - Again an apron or old shirt to protect your clothes. It might help if you brought sketches, magazine cuttings of images, however I will have motifs, images, magazine cuttings, design inspiration books etc.
- Help sheets are provided
- List of suppliers
- Useful books etc
About the Workshops
Workshops are varied and cover:
- Block printing using blocks for fabric and paper
- Linocut, designing, cutting and printing
- Monoprinting, working directly on Rhenalon plates and printing by hand without a press
- Mixed media techniques
- Watercolour techniques
- Using some of the above techniques to create Christmas cards, gift tags and hand printed wrapping paper.
You will print samples of designs on fabric, (perhaps make something later at home)
Print your designs on blank ready-made products e.g.
- tea towels
One or two workshops run mornings only, however, the majority are day-long courses, generally starting at 10 am and finishing at 4.30 pm.
They are generally held in either a village hall or at other suitable venues.
Tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits are provided, but you will be required to bring a packed lunch.
My classes are suitable for beginners unless otherwise stated. The courses are very friendly and supportive. Never be afraid to ask questions, ask for explanations or demonstrations if you don’t understand the first time.
Places on the courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people thus ensuring time for individual attention.